7/1/07

My belongings

I hate to write such seemingly trivial stuff on my blog. But yup it aint trivial to me.

1. I lost my timex watch ( worn it during my pumpfest stint back in 2005 and did my 2006 biathlon with it, sweat numerous times during skating with it)

2. My laptop casing's zip gave way

3. My Hp is as good as dead. It gives way to pressure and auto shut off.

4. I dont have a proper bag to go out with( the bag dearie gave had a dislodged sling now; and my orange osprey bag is perpetually smelly when it comes into contact with my sweat. Bad humid Singapore! ARGH!!!!)

5. I actually accidently melted my royal robbin trekking / climbing pants with some idiotic iron. It was my favourite pants!ARGH AGAIN!!!!!

I went down to Singapore Arts Museum with Monkey last friday. The main attraction of the day was the IDEALIST artist Zeng Fan Zhi from China. His theme of artwork is based on his personal encounters during his youngster years in SHanghai as well as his own perspective on IDEALISM. My eyes were pretty transfixed to many works of his, each bearing portraits with high foreheads, red scarf ( strong taste for communism in his work apparently) and strong sturdy palms. Style of his own i reckoned. All in all i felt good, having this parallel sense of ability to decode ( or trying to decode) artists' intentions. I loved to draw since primary school days; i derived pleasure from drawing because it brings me into dimensions the real world could never offer. i probably belong to a world where everything is governed by a stroke of charcoal or color pencil....

Saturday noon was another eventful day for me. I stayed around in NTU for ODAC senior camp and took part in the night cycling dry run event. I was glad to be down for this. Every odac trip / event i put myself in brings myself closer to odac. If i could turn back the clock to where everything began back in July 2003, i would still walk backinto FOOT. I truly had no regrets doing what i had done for the past 4 years, especially with zesty, sincere and happy people....I supposed i belonged to ODAC.

Come to think of it,I guess those material belongings aint matter that much.

No comments: