7/4/07

I got the odac spirit, UP IN MY HEAD!

Flashbacks of me trying hard to act mature during FOOT 2003 suddenly hit me.

Back then i was holding onto my composure. A few days before i went for the camp, i told dear that 'ITS NONSENCIAL that THEY WANNA FORCE A 23 YR OLD NS boy TO SHOUT AND SING CHEERS!'

Right now, i'm beginning to see the twist my life went through in odac. I wasnt the quietest boy around in Dolomites 2003, in fact the odac culture was so strong that i decide to give up my hard up concealments and go with the flow of CHEERS AND JEERS and all the BOO-INGS. To my disappointment, my group wasnt the real RA-RA type. Many a times we just sad at one corner seeing hw 'happening' other groups were.

Vic and Ben, if you were reading this, yup i'm talking abt your group Andes.

After the foot camp i felt something missing. Nothing was there to hold me back to join the committee or sub committee of any special projects. I did not really feel the close bond with my group, nor did i feel any obligations to keep in contact with them. Ben was around in FOOT 04 as a business manager, and on the outside he seem to savour every moment working with his fellow peeps. I thought maybe i should give myslf a chance and try and see if i could make a difference in the lives of FOOT 04 as a senior attached....

I was glad i made that choice. I thought my fellow freshmen in Datuk 05 had so much fun that it induced me to be a closer part of the club. I was anything but hesitant on joining 9th comm NTU ODAC.

Certainly there were lots of ups and downs. On the outside it was a mere CCA to clock points; To me i was trying to prove to myself and see what difference i would make in the club. Its a very personal and fufilling objective for me. Points? That was the last thing on m y mind as a main commer.

I had alot of 'kayu' trip leading experiences, especially with Rachel and jianda and all the pack of lies about the 'disappearing water body that made navigation difficult up pelepah'. I could never forget the participants' bloodhound look when they kept insisting on refund. Gosh i almost lost my head off.

Siewsze was there with me during main comm stint. She watched my back and i watched hers. Together we were partners in crime, leading Taman Negara trip, being GL for Chehalis for FOOT 2005, and we endured through pumpfest 06 as fellow programmers and parted after our final official commitment as F00T 06 CGLs.

I had lots of fond memories as you all can see. The club made me a very different person. My NS officer ego was flattened and i learnt that being sincere, humble, unglam and loud is the way to bond in an organisation.

To those who are still in the club, dont lose this culture. Its this element of selflessness and unglamness that makes us stand out from other establishments.

Always do it for the one beside you.

1 comment:

JuzRiDe said...

somehow or another...i can appreciate wad u're saying....

Cheers!
=)