7/23/07

Bananas in the world...Unite!

This title is dedicated to my dear FOOT 03 fellow freshman Q, for being the banana king up there in pelepah in July 2003.

This is the THANK YOU list i compiled as of today:

1.Thank you Q, for being my friend, be it shitting in fern infested bushes or sweating your guts out belaying me while i lead climb. Those moments in Yishun Safra will live forever with me till end of time. Let's 'psycho' ourselves again to get new BLACK DIAMOND HARNESS and start top rope all over again k?

2.Thank you Q, for spotting me whenever i am trying to send a problem on the wall, without fail.

3.Thank you Q, for that assurance you gave whenever i couldnt clear a route and you showed me how to.

4.Thank you Q, for being as 'lousy' as me, when our dear ex hall king was once full of vigor and zest on the wall. Certainly i did not feel that left out afterall.

5.Thank you Q, for those countless companionship to climbasia. Though we could never be as good as those peeps there, climbing with you was a healthy way to kill my boredom.

Q,I think i'm officially out of ODAC. Felt the reality sinking into me when i attended this year's FOOT sp night. For once i was actually occupying the back row seats in the hall where all the action for the evening was. Sitting with me were good old faces like ex hall king and his beau, K.K, K.Y, Jason, Matthew the butch lookalike, SS the goondoo, and many more. Somehow i coudnt find myself singing those songs everyone did before closing the sp night.

I finally found myslf standing among the lao jiao crowd feeling slightly detached from the rest while the freshmen crowded reached their climax of the sp night, singing songs and gesturing moves from the EPOI TAI TAI song.

I was summoning my 'unglamness', trying to do the cheer with them. I simply stood there, wearing a silly smile. I felt sad. My subconscience seemed to have parted unwillingly with something i held on during my 4 years of varsity life.

I did not take part in this year's foot. And i must say i would love to if given a chance. A few hours back before penning this entry, i browsed through SS's external hard disk photos. Each picture in her 4.4G told stories, of Taman Negara, Pumpfest05, Pumpfest O6, our days as CGL in foot 06.

From the lyrics of one of Rick Astley's Song:

"IT WOULD TAKE A STRONG STRONG MAN, TO EVER LET YOU GO."

To those who cried after the sp night, let your legacy be felt in the new blood.

Good bye NTU ODAC.

No comments: