7/28/07

Lousy course rep speech

I had a super long Friday.

It began with my convocation. To say the truth i wasnt really very thrilled to go there. It was my parents who were MUCH more excited about the whole event. I told dad we should set off at 8 and guess what? He was all dressed up as neat as he could by 730am , all set to get to the multi story carpark to start the engine. That's really unlike Dad. Hee hee.

Everything else then was just going through motion. While on the car I went into la la land, trying to figure out the later episode of my dreams earlier on. I thought Mom tried to interrupt my sleep but i simply couldnt bothered to answer her. Yawnz.

My tranquil was totally shattered when my dear jockey boy called me and said he got detained by Provos(Its some long story on this really and i do not have the habit of sharing my soldiers's problems with the outside world).

I had nothing to offer him except to ask him HOW HOW. It was then he let out the mischievous grin he had been trying hard to control. I swore if i could go to where he was, i would have SUPLEXED HIM one times JIALAT JIALAT. Alas my dear LEE KIAN LIM was back safe.

The only thing i could remember during my convocation, is not what the dean said, nor the special moment shaking dean's hands, nor recollecting what the course rep mentioned ( its all crap to me serious).

*************************************************************************************

Give me the chance on stage, and i will say the following:



Dear Friends, everything i have right now would not have materialized if not for your continual faith and trust in me, both as a person and as a friend. To me, we are more than just coursemates.

Xiao Ming, you are by far, the most wonderful smart ass i had ever met. Selfless and humble, you are one person whom i had no difficulty relating my problems with. If you werent that tall and clever... heh. I am still waiting for your offer to give me a ride on your helicopter.

Wann, you are also a master of all trades. I was glad you showed me the way into Julia Gabriels and made me realise how talented and wholesome you are. Your passion for what you do will always this inspiring catalyst in my shit life to come.

Zaki, you are a lucky lad. You have this big big plasma tv whose projection could fit a Fiona Xie face THAT is bigger than a life size man. I really cherish those days when we had to da pao 108 together. Thanks for your consistent encouragement even though we were often facing the same shit and hurdle. I wish you all the best in your job search. Find a good Minah and DONT FORGET YOUR PROMISE if you ever find one okie?

Kyle, I wanna congratulate you for coming this far. I am very sure you had your pressure competing with the younger ones like us in the course. You have just shown me that with perseverance, age is never a factor to get what a person truly wants. Spend more time learning what you wanna do while serving your NS, and i hope you will be as successful as our KKJ lead guitarist in time to come okie?

Now i wanna talk about the most popular man in the group.He is our dear SiKang, the lead guitarist in KKJ. This is a real loud man who really cant seem to whisper during the lee wee nam exam revision days. He is really one kind, very often caught up with his hall commitments and his lady encounters. If you dont know him, he will seem to be one real KL boy with this DIAO look. If only he could share some of his popularity with me. Ha... This guy has talent. If you dont believe me just go google king kong jane or key in KING KONG JANE on youtube.

Then now my dear pet Steve. This boy is by far my ultimate victim. I would leave his 'mark' in all the lecture theatres we went for our lessons. Thank you steve, for your consistent patience helping me in my modules, especially our struggling times doing Neural Network. I am sure with your strong motivation to do well in life, nothing can hold you back to earn those extra bucks to sustain. Jiayou lizard! 9641009X

Another character i wont forget is our lecturer poser, CJ. This guy is by far the most talented person in irritating others. His 'HP vibration mode' and his rubber pet lizard are just some of his skills that all of us will never forget. This guy is equally persistent in his studies( He always has all the important pages of the lecture notes marked with a star, super attentive in lectures ), as well as tracking THAT SOMEONE via friendster. Thank you for providing me shelter when i had to squat in hall. Remember those days drinking essense of OSTRICH in canteen 9?

If the chronicles called you up again, remember to tell them there's also a narrator in the clip okie? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Thank you zhikai for visiting me when i was so sianz and lonely in my 1057 cell. Your ruggedness in your academic attitude made me realize that its all in the mind. I just wanna thank all the robotics boys on their behalf one more time for the special effort you went through while preparing the robotics lab report. Oh yeah, i love it when you call me out for dinner in hall. If not i will really rot on my bed....

Thank you Chee Seng Onn. I guess this boy has made the greatest impact in me. He is one example of a role model for all regulars ( i once had a dream to be a regular too many years back, ). Thank you for your wonderful help, especially that faithful afternoon while i was struggling in lab 208.Sorry if one tau sa bun was not enough. You are an equally consistent runner, someone who is there to remind me that its time to run. You are more than just a course mate , and i am glad to have known you more after odac trips and many silly outings.

I wont wanna say a farewell to you all here. Convocation is barely the beginning.

And now for the man of my CE life:

Benjamin Lee, thank you for showing me how to be as crazy as you during our first year doing bouldering. You were someone i could look up to, who can play well and work well. Thank you for watching after me, especially during those days trying to fix the sponsorship problems for my pumpfest project. I am glad Yingli came into your life earlier, if not your flamboyant self and your overwhelming charm would have killed more hearts of those who chanced upon you. Thank you for making my life wholesome in uni.

*************************************************************************************

Yeap, that's convocation for me. I have loads of pictures taken. And rest assure i will post them up in future entries to come.

SCE GANG, dont forget about me. I am but a poor lonely boy who will continually seek your wisdom and financial support in life! ho ho ho!!!

No comments: