4/7/07

The worn out thread

Today was unlike any other day. I clocked more than 10 hours of sound sleep. Didnt even wake up for a leak in the wee hours.

When it started pouring in Woodlands i conviniently convinced myself that probably the lightning would strike me when i'm out of the house, therefore i did not go school to revise. Speng will always be speng, forever lazy and procastinating.

I had a tough time reviewing 3 video lectures; i did not have my notes with me. I enjoyed being at home, so i got distracted very easily. One of my favourite past times at home is to walk around the house doing nothing. Its akin to doing sentry duty in broad daylight. Crazy me.

The highlight of the evening was to skate( yeah the force to skate is strong when i'm at home, this proves a point that staying in hall is INDEED GOOD). My ankles did not swell, so i reckon that the ankle is taking yesterday's session well.

Though i did not do quite alot for slalom today, i felt refreshed and excited , seeing the boys back in the multistory carpark. Today they did not skate much, neither did they talk much to me. Every time i skate i make sure i get the best out of it.

What to do, i'm no longer a boy like them. Cant afford an evening chit chatting when i'm supposed to have my share of skating in the midst of my revision.

I complained to them that i had this particular axle on my skate frame that had a worn out thread i.e i cannot unscrew this particular axle to change wheels. Didnt expect our youngest member B to come in and help out.

I say i didnt expect, is because the rest of them were immersed in playing card games. All along when i was slaloming non of them joined me except shifu and boss.

Somehow, B's gesture to help made me felt like part of the group again. I told him not to bother about the axle problem but he insisted.

I walked home a happier man today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heeey... haha.. jus dropping by la.. drop by my blog xanga.com/chutney_of_memories when u free bah... hope to cya cor07!~