4/5/07

A quiet morning in Changi Airport.

I had a dreadful Thursday 'indulging' in robotics. Wanted to clear revision for it early and close it for my coming 2 modules ADM and simulation.

Thursday started off in canteen 2( heh heh i went to patronise the hot dog lady seller), munching away my hotdog with cheese and bacon with ex hall king, lion, monkey and lion's roomie. We rotted our day away in Adm library(Oh yes i have taken pictures of the interior of the lib. Check out the next post!). The plan today for me was to head home to drive out dad's car so that i can be a nice boy and send my dearie off on an early Friday morning.

It has been a very long time since i took bus 179 out of school. And i forgot when i last took an evening train home. As each station on the North South Line wheezed through the exteriors of the cabin, i reminded myself how fortunate i was to have a hall to stay in. The train ride back could easily make any sober soul snooze. Very disruptive if you have something on hand to do when you get home.

After a sumptuous home cooked dinner, i lazed around at home, trying to find out if i could bring back hall more clothes to wear. Was particularly looking for brighter colored ones(i have full of dark colored ones back in hostel). Found out that my mom and dad would be going to Desaru Fruit Farm on Good Friday. That meant i could have the car for my own use the whole of friday... yeah!

I drove out the car, heading towards St Mary's. Today was dearie's turn to sign Homily. I bet she was anxious to head home from church since for the past few nights she kept complaining to me that she couldn't finish packing her stuff. This part about picking her up was actually a surprise. Could see the winner's grin on her face when she boarded the car. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep. A nice feeling though; every time when she falls asleep while i drive, i felt this sense of satisfaction and fulfillment.A few moments ago she was trying hard to crack jokes on me.

After sending her home to pack up, i headed back to school to rest. Felt quite restless though. I told myself not to sleep too soundly. If not i wont be able to last the night through.

Around 2am I headed out, eyes feeling the effect of weariness. Head felt slightly giddy. I cruised at a speed of slightly more than 60km/hr. I brought Dearie to our favourite prata shop opposite Beauty World for a hot snack. She didn't talk much today, at least compared with the rest of the times i brought her there. Guessed she didn't sleep at all.

We headed to V's house( her Japan travel mate to be).After turning into some private residential area, it was a very steep climb all the way to V's house. I started off with Gear 2 and ended up trudging on Gear 1. I did a DUNNO-HW-MANY point turn just to re-route out. For a few times i thought i was nearly going to scratch neighbouring SUVs park so tightly adjacent to my car. So 'exciting' for a half dead boy who was struggling to keep his mind to the surroundings.

As i headed down along PIE, the shadows casted by the street lamps and the familiar edifices along Pasir Ris exit brought me back to memory lane. I thought of the days when i was still riding on Recruit Botak hairstyle, sitting behind the car with dad on the wheel. A very luxurious feeling as a passenger. BUT... i sill enjoy sending my little dearie to the airport. In my mind, i counted the number of times i send felicia off on such an unearthly timing of the day. Just 2006 alone, i drove her to the airport for her Beijing and America trip. The very last time both of us had a vacation of our own was in sept 2005. I cant help it but wonder when i will get to travel with her alone again.

Sending dearie off all along was a very dreadful feeling; Ok its not because i'm tired and sleepy, its because i will ULTIMATELY be left ALONE to walk the chill and quiet aisle of the departure halls. Every step i take i would hear echos.( i can sometimes imagine the echoes resonate within my emptiness ) Every step i take i would feel the sense of disorientation, that a part of my life wasnt a part of me( in Singapore ).

To be frank, up to this day, i dread sending people off at the airport. Every send off somehow triggers the emotional flood gates within you. Its quite tiring to think and think and think, especially when many people always chooses to fly off early in the morning.

Maybe 'dread' is not the apt word. I was just trying to tell you all that i have to overcome my inner feelings a great deal when my loved ones leave the country. A few years back it was ex hall king, then my beloved fellow BC in army, then my fellow COR committee mate.... I could go on and on...

Still in half sober state( still can tell green from red )i cruise alone, back to my aunt's place, where a new Friday morning will start with 6 hours plus of tuition.

Really tired....

No comments: