4/6/07

An evening at the double court

Yeah!

Though drained from 6 hr plus of tuition with lack of sleep the night before, i was actually looking forward to this evening.

An evening at the double court meant slalom, slalom and more slalom. I already had in mind the moves i want to master.

1. Fan volte(could do it easily before my ankle ops)
2. Heel wheeling
3. Continuous J turn
4. Smoothen up my forward brush.

Though without the accompaniment of the Ryders, my brother and i had a great time motivating and cheering each other on as we train hard and have lots of fun dancing around the cones. Apart from this irritating skateboarder(trying very hard to sian some gals who were using the court too), its a wonderful and fruitful slalom session

Well, my left ankle always swells up from recent slalom sessions, but i hope to give it some rehab so that my ankle will grow back stronger. Someday ago someone told me that such incision on ankles would take like 1/2 a year to fully recover. I hope that guy is right. No matter how long it takes, i just pray that my ankle wont swell after future slalom sessions.

After skating, i skated to plaza 888 to search for my dinner. People started giving me this alienic look, as though they could not comprehend the thing i was wearing on my feet. I looked down, and realised i was wearing my 30% worn-out-and-torn jeans. I felt embarassed, and the way things are, people seem to believe that i was trying hard to be an old funky punk( oxymoronic again... hahah)

Standing in front of this noodle stall didnt make me feel better, cause the vendor started talking to me like this:

boss: erh, noodle? (he spoke in english;that's the last thing i expected from a gangster lookalike vendor)

goat: * nods(quite shagged)

boss: which number you want(pointing at the menu on his signboard)

goat: Five

boss: chilli?

goat: No, and kan(dry) please

boss(looking surprised): oh you can speak chinese?

goat: yes (of course lah, if not i meh meh to you ah...siao!)

At this juncture i was beginning to feel awkward. Do i look like a foreigner?

Whatever he said next didnt sink into my head. The transaction was over, and this particular conversation i had with the anesthetist (after my ankle ops) came back to me.

anesthetist: are you local?

goat(still lying on the operation table with a heavy head ): ah..yesh yesh.

anesthetist: not mixed blood or anything? Cos you have a very 'high and sharp' nose.

goat: erh, no i'm chinese and i'm a singaporean.


All these were flying around in my head as i skated back home with my meal on my left hand.

And i concluded.

Yes i am handsome.

2 comments:

PatriX said...

I hate ppl who are more handsome than me, spoilt my market

Lokman said...

"Yes i am handsome."

> *Pukes