4/2/07

A night on the tracks

Monkey and lion did circuit training with me in SRC, 11pm

Prior to that, i gave my Pear-like body a chance to warm up its fat burning mechanism by running the perimeter of school, starting from hall 11.

On my way to SRC, i wasnt paying that much attention of my pace nor breathing. Guessed running more than 2 times a wk really helped alot. Though i was slow (i juz cant seem to catch up with this lady in white running in front of me ), i got back my runner's form...On my mind was the success of FYP demo earlier on in the afternoon. My hooligan supt came down to check outmy application, followed by my examiner. Frankly up to this day, i have this gut feeling that my hooligan supt couldnt care much abt what i do. And ironically in my acknowledgement section of my report, i thank him for "his consistent guidance and patience". I wanna slap myslf...... Examiner was understanding, and remarked that i did more than what he expected. GOODJOB SPENG!

As i approached the killer CS slope along the 179 route, lactic acid build up from within my hamstring. I didnt really feel it until after i cleared the slope; everything just rushed from my inner thighs.... Yes, my mind was wondering again...this time, its about my operation on my ankle in late january( to this day i wonder if the cyst on my ankle was from obsessive skating and slalom). This ops was actually a blessing in disguise; It force me to refrain from skating....Not only that, i learnt a valuable lesson on true love ( my dearie actually folked out close to 8k on my operation without complaint). She didnt really like me doing cone tricks cos it robbed our precious time together away.... Partly from the post ops rehab, i was able to concentrate fully on my fyp. Yes, everything really comes with a price. Skate less and fyp more. GOODJOB SPENG!

When i trudged along the old hall 3 compounds towards hall 4, i thought of my old CJC friend, A. He is a passionate dragon boater, and also an avid fish keeper, having a proud assembly of 2 marine and 1 fresh water fish tank. I wonder how he is coping now with his studies. Gosh i miss the carefree times in year one when i visited him in his hall.

Time really flies; I can feel it right now as i'm running towards the innovation centre. My stamina sucks big time, i can no longer take big strides up slopes. Dearie's words of wisdom hit me; the VERY reason why i still look like a PEAR (argh...) is that in general, metabolism rate drops as we AGE.

I ran past hall 4, and this time, i was back to those days visiting my all time odac buddy, also the ex hall king back in year 2003/2004. My dear ex hall king doesnt stay in hall anymore; He has already bypassed that hall fever long time ago. I respect and admire this man, for he spent one good year out of Singapore doing his intern and exchange. For one thing, i cant be like him; I am simply one who cannot leave home for long. The ex hall king now dwells his life around cars, "stealing" LWN's copy of business times in library(opps!), visits the stock exchange website and talks more about money and finance. Its a bitter sweet feeling everytime i realise how much ex hall king has changed. Its bitter because its a sign that we have to move on to another phase in life. Yeah it all translates to the very fact that we are aging. Gosh!

I didnt realise i was already running past hall 6, block 32. Cell 615 rules!

I wasnt thinking that much when i started the circuit training, because the body has already started to take over the mind. I was feeling the fatigue.. gosh its another sign of aging.

BUT.... i could proudly accomplish doing a total of 120 push ups and 120 situps from the 6 rounds in src. GOODJOB SPENG! Monkey still had problems with chin up today. For that i posted a motivation nick on my msn.

Lets all pray that monkey can achieve 4 sets of 5 chin ups by the end of exams.

I wont say much about the lion. He's good on his own during circuit training....bla bla bla bla pui!

My body started to relax as i showered back in hall, and i wondered how mom and dad are doing back at home. Really missed them alot. Sad to say, i dont really show this on my face whenever i go back home over the weekends. Everytime i get home on a Sat evening, my energy level is beyond that of a pig. My wkends are pretty dominated by sat morning tuition and sunday morning tuition... Poor boy with no money. =(

I will be looking forward to send my darling off this friday morning, because she's flying off to Japan for a vacation. Shall keep that part for the next day's entry.

Good night everyone. I thank you all for the lovely memories that pull me through during my run around the school....

1 comment:

Mr Bear said...

Eh...

How come never thanks the agent for thinking and masterminding the loopholes of the system to help you with the " clai** "

too much lah ...

no more cards :P