8/6/08

My first Encounter with DSLR

To be exact, my very first view of the world via my DSLR lens was in St Mary Of the Angels. Its this church i go once( sun ) every month ( because of timing issues with my shift system ). What can i say about taking pictures with it... there's this 'trigger happy' sensation the moment the shutter goes SNAP!!!!

Dearie got the camera for 1.5k from the previous comex in suntec city. She had been wanting a DSLR since her first US trip in may 2006.

ok...almost forgot abt the first encounter...

Photobucket
This is brenda. She just got married in May this year. I was there to help out with her church wedding. She is one of the very kind hearted lady who attends mass with the Hearing Impaired( H.Is ).. needless to say, her signing power is 8/10.

Photobucket
This is June. She is even more formidable than Brenda. Let's just say that i cant remember anything that she CANT SIGN. But then again, sign language is sometimes a very subjective thing. Sometimes you can take short cuts and still get the meaning through, so long as the concept is there.

Short cuts help especially for conversational signing with the local H.Is. I've learnt that from all my mass sessions since late 2006. I was real intrigued by sign language and how it made communication so different for me after i attended Camp Outreach 2006 ( COR 2006 - a camp organised for the local H.Is by NTU WSC ).... I started enrolling into basic religious sign language this year. Every time after work i will rush down to the church and take lessons.

Photobucket
This indian boy...ERM... i dunno his name. Just accidentally snapped his annoyed look after brenda brushed against his backside...

Indian boy: Dont think you know how to sign means you can touch my backside!

Photobucket
Ok, i know this indian man... He is Kenny, one of the more 'vocal' H.Is who could sign and mouth out quite accurately his intentions... He wasnt born with impairment, so he could still attempt to 'say'( but in actual fact i dun think he can even hear anything now ) as he signs... very helpful when he signs to a person like me who has limited signing volcabulary!


A few days later, i brought along my (feels like mine when its actually felicia's) DSLR to NTU to check out the freshmen of foot 05....

Photobucket
Here's a typical scene of a bunch of nuts in self entertain mode. I was like that once with my 9th Comm NTU odac peeps...

Photobucket
Kuah and Monkey Tong, grown up from their 9th Comm days... sworn to make their mark by the age of 28.

Photobucket
Monkey: @$%$^%%^$@#%!#@ how izit ever possible to be as rich as that foreign banker by the age of 28??????

Photobucket
Ah ben and yingli

And so, this post marks the beginning of a journey of a world viewed through my DSLR.

No comments: