6/8/08

A good way to pamper yourself with fishes

For the past few shifts doing ATC work, i had been experiencing some uncontrollably itch on my calves and shin. Maybe its the interior of my sleeping bag or maybe my jeans need some cleaning; when it starts to itch it really sends my nails sinking into the skins, leaving them sore and reddish after a real 2-3min scratch.

I never had any intentions to do anything about it over the weekend when dearie told me about his colleague's unique skin therapy encounter to cure problems related to dead skin - Doctor Fish...

Though tired from yesterday's invitation to friend's church wedding in the noon and another friend's wedding banquet dinner, i thought of doing something special with my dearie and we found ourselves scouting around in Chinatown( where the doctor fish is reputed to be ). Dearie smsed,asking her colleague for help as we tried to search for People's Park complex level 2.

Ok, cut the story short, here we are :

Photobucket
Its this shop called O.P Healing in People's Park Complex ( Not Centre ), level 2, near the shoe shop area. ( The whole level 2 has the smell of liniment and medicated oil scent, dont say i never warn you woh... )

Here is the poster.
Photobucket
Yup, 13 bucks for half an hour. Considered quite cheap because other places in msia( dunno abt spore though ) charge about 38rm for 1/2 hr.(i only got to know about this relative comparision as i'm doing more research on this for blogging purposes)

Thank goodness, the whole therapy process was made easy cos i wore berms. What a coincidence though...

Photobucket
"Please come in!!! Rinse your feet first hoh", says the lady attendant

Before us, there was another elder lady who was already having her limbs submerged into the tank filled with approx 300 plus Dr Fish ( each having the size akin to the length of your INDEX FINGER OMG !!! ). She was trying hard to battle the itch coming from the soles... apparently she was struggling to refrain from giggling.

I suddenly felt this deflated sensation. As i edged my way carefully around the walking platform of the tank, i saw hope burning in the eyes of those hungry fishes. I didnt have to understand fish psychology to deduce what the fishes were thinking.

Dearie making the bold move...
Photobucket

And then i found myself in it too...
Photobucket

The moment my limbs lay motionless , it meant feasting time for the fishes. Every bite from the fish feels pricky at first. It made me giggle uncontrollably. In less than 2 min, we found ourselves laughing away
Photobucket

I suddenly recalled the days in langkawi when i experienced my first painful fish bite while snorkelling in the coral reefs. Those that i experienced today were thankfully not as painful as those bites in the msian waters.

Took us a good 10 min to settle down. This pricly sensation soon turned into numbness.

Photobucket
" NO sweat ah!", says dearie

I decided to sink my entire shin down to see if the fishes would actually detect those scratch zones i have been mercilessly attacking for the past few days...

It was like this initially..

Photobucket

... TO THIS!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Almost instantaneously after this picture was taken, i looked over to the elderly lady's progress with the fishes. She had little fishes nibbling on her limbs. Oh well... sorry ah auntie i steal your business.

The fishes were indeed sinking their little jaws onto those itchy scratchy areas on my shin. Good job soldiers!

I dried my shin 1/2 an hour later and found tiny red spots on those strategic itchy spots i mentioned earlier on.

Hopefully its a sign that new skin will grow from rejuvenation.

No comments: