6/28/08

Wedding Spree 2008

In a span of 6 months since the beginning of 2008, i had been to at least 4 wedding banquets and 2 church weddings. People around my age seem eager to tie the knot.

To be frank, attending wedding dinners suddenly became a chore. Probably i had been attending dinners one after another within short spans of time and the only thing that kept me going, was to see my friends happily celebrating their big day. You cant really expect much out of the food and service from wedding banquet these days....

I was at my JC friend, Xiuhui's wedding dinner last night. I was abit hesitant to invite my girlfriend, thinking that she wont know anyone. Well anyway i still did....So we headed down to Grand Plaza Park Hotel with lots of question mark on our heads, wondering if we could even see anyone we know. Fyi, Xiuhui wasnt in the same class as me during JC and we did not really have a common pool of friends.

Dearie nudged me when we were like a few steps away from the reception counter, asking me for the name of the groom...cos she actually recognise the groom as her Computer Engineering Batch mate from NTU!!! So it became quite a coincidental reunion for her and the groom as they shook hands. I felt rather stupefied as they started chatting...

Then as she advanced in further, she recognised more and more people from her current ( soon to be ex ) company. The groom happen to be in the same company as her... I scratched my head and wondered IF my gf was the one inviting me along for HER friend's wedding.

The good meal and service in Grand Plaza Park Hotel was the only reason that prompted me to write this blog. Found the servings very tasty and special.( i dunno if its because i was rather starved from my day skating workout in ecp ). Serving was prompt and the staffs were very very helpful and courteous. The souvenir offered was rather unique!!!

Photobucket

Its a plastic ball, the size of your palm, with cartoon image of a newly wed, filled with shower gel in the inside! Now that's something different from the choco pieces / keychains / mini notepads bla bla bla....

This was one wedding dinner that left both me and dearie panicking for our big day. How would it be like?

No comments: