6/24/08

My name is Joe

Have you ever heard of this lymeric "my name is Joe"?

It goes like this :

"HI, my name is Joe!!!! And i Woooorkkked in a butter factory I got a House, a car and a family ...."

I wrote this entry because i pretty much wanted to be like Joe ( except the part on working in a butter factory. Joe doesnt run and skate either. ). The good news is that i finally clinched a premium resale HDB with my dear dear on the 23rd of June 2008.

The days ahead for the year 2008 will be a very challenging one. The air traffic management stuff decided to revamp the way we control aircrafts and there's going to be another major change coming up on the 2nd July. Well, to a trainee like me, this means RE-Orientating to the controlling methodology and that translates to MORE time needed for my OJT and hence i am further from my license and my LUMP SUM PAYMENT!!!

Fortunately i have been getting good remarks from the senior controllers who say that i'm picking up things fast and the only skill i lack now is traffic management and priority of work. I shall work on those !

But i guessed i will take quite a long time to be like Joe. Lets do a quick check :

House? Technically acquired but i think i wont be ready for house warming till next year CNY. I estimate the keys to be mine by early october; Dearie and i have decided to go with the bare minimum for 2008 i.e we will get the basic furnitures, do a total paint job and get some cleaning accessories for the house. Any further interior designing will have to wait. Probably after our church wedding and banquet in December.

Car? It is not even stated as an item in my current budgeting list!!!! But lets just say that i'm quite contended with Terios or a Rush.

Family? Ok going to start liao.


I WANT TO BE A JOE!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: