6/7/07

Banana Eating week

Yoz all!

I am quite glad to update this particular post, because its a BANANA EATING WEEK!

I munch on bananas to prevent my muscles from likelihood of cramps:

The previous sunday i overestimated myself on PAYA LEBAR AIRBASE run way challenge. Took my slightly rockered urban skates to clock a 30km distance. Mind you, the biggest wheel beneath my aluminium frame was like...erm.. 76mm? Thats killing yourself when you even want to think of keeping up with speed skaters whose wheels are like...erm... 110mm? haha!!!!

Monday i was starting to feel my body's wobbliness. But then it was yet another lonely evening. So i clipped my slalom skates( different from my urban skates ) and plod my way to the double court. Monday was a mistake lah basically. I could feel the lactic building up within my hamstrings and shin. I did not enjoy the session.

Tuesday was yet another full body trashing session. It started with a humbling 2 hr batminton session in Tampines Safra with my grad trip mates. We got so into the game that we extended one more hour in the sauna-like court. Drove to TM to eat and then share photos for the grad trip. That, was one of the best afternoons i ever had for the past few months. Laughed until almost fell off the bench in BK.....
After that session, i drove home, changed up and met Q for yet another round of trash-the-upper-body regime : bouldering. Its something i had neglected for almost a year. Sometimes, i wonder how long more i can do bouldering before i decide to sell of my equipment. Its definitely more taxing in strength compared to free style skating and you have to pay to use the indoor bouldering gym. For now i will make it a once-a-week activity and i hope when i work next time i can still fufil this little plan of mine.

Wednesday, my body complained, especially the tendons along my fingers, my forearms, my lats, my hamstrings, my quads, my shin, my neck! Somewhere residing beneath my right knee is this acute pain that comes and goes. It sort of freaked me out abit. I must have pushed myself too hard doing right legged cone tricks. Gosh!!!!

I drove the lazy one to ECP and met the rest of my grad trip mates for a humbling skating session. Was glad that most of the guys enjoyed the session. My pet and the tall one even had intention to get their personal skates once they worked! Feels damn good cos i managed to introduce the passion to my 4 year old study-khakis. This skating passion had another implication to me, that it will be a platform for us to meet up more regularly when we start to have our own lives in future. Happy!
Though i was complaining quite abit while driving the parade commander and the lazy one back, i fell into a slight trance under the effects of an evening drizzle, cruising with the after-office-hour-crowd. It somehow calmed my nerves even though the rear lights of the automobiles were stinging my eyes. I got home not long after, feeling bored, and slipped on my slalom skates. This slalom session was fruitful; i was able to free my mind off my loneliness. That, alone, was all i could ask.

So in total, i clocked a total of

Monday: 3 BANANAS
Tuesday: 2 BANANAS
Wednesday: 2 BANANAS
Thursday: 2BANANAS

Total : 9 ( That partly explains why i frequent the toilet for big business ha!)

No comments: