3/15/08

The Pear in the Water

I had a fast-and-furious YET fruitful Friday. 5 of us stayed behind after our ATS HUMAN FACTOR WORKSHOP to clock simulation time. Frankly, a session in the simulator after 2 days of break ( we halted simulator training since tuesday to accomodate 5 days of Human Factor Workshop )brought the 5 of us back into perspective.

If any of us hadnt learn how to see traffic during this impromptu session, i would say it got us back into non complacency. 5 of us took close to 4hours 15mins; by the time we bade each other farewell in the pitch dark SAA carpark, the illumination contrasted the digits 920pm on my timex watch.
Thank goodness Daddy agreed to let me drive out the Latio. I rev the car at 110km/hr and in 30 min i was back in level b2 of MSCP. My head was constantly working out a relaxation regime for saturday morning. No i cant go ECP because i had MPC in clementi in the afternoon. I didnt really want to jog because i dun wanna wake up THAT early.

Ok, i would settle for a swim in Woodlands on Saturday Morning. Before i slept, i said my Prayers to God asking for good weather...

True enough, the glare from the white edifices opposite my room broke my sleep. 8hours of rest, and i wake up on a Sunny Saturday!!!! My dried lips( thanks to all the dry air conditioning environment ) bent into a smile and in no time i slipped into my super trunks ( some cheap SAF swimming trunks that works well for me ), grabbed my toiletries pouch and my goggle case along with me.

Everything was smooth, from parking the car to changing up......... But when i saw the pool, there were plentiful submariners learning swimming. I cant count well, but i bet with my last dollar that there were easily 40 children at different parts of the chlorinated pool...

As if that wasnt bad enough, i stumbled upon my worst fear.

I realized i only had an empty goggle case with me. The sight of emptiness sent milliamps of ku ku electrons into my neurons. I must have left the goggles to dry up after the previous swim.

Ok, i told myself, i had already made my way here and i would continue the swim, no matter what.

Then came another chapter of horror after i entered the pool....

I stared at this part of my body below my chest,submerged by the waters. It looked like a huge pear.

After 50min of swim, i decided to spare my eyes from the chlorine attack, and brought the pear back home, feeling disgusted.

No comments: