3/31/08

The Goat turns 27 on Easter Sunday

I had a real surprise treat on my birthday on the 23rd. For the past few weeks i hadnt had a good chance to attend mass. Going to mass has a very different meaning for me, because

1. I am a non catholic, and i want to learn more about my darling's Faith.

2. I am there to hone my sign language skills. Having graduated from basic sign language course on the 17th, i yearn to put my sign knowledge to the test, signing hymms and verses as well as communicating with the hearing impaired.

Jun ( one of the senior interpretors ) nudged us to stay behind for some potluck because it was also Easter Sunday. Since i didnt have much plans for my own birthday, i joined the folks to the Friar's common area for some snacking. But i was really surprised when one of the HI peeps got a cake on her hand for me.

Photobucket
Brother Rowland, my sign language guru who saw me through 10 monday nights of basic sign class, blessing me for my birthday.

Photobucket
I pray for Felicia to be with me till the end of time.

Photobucket
Finally, a birthday without Taupok ( but i really missed my taupok gang )

The gang that made it possible
Photobucket



Right after this surprise party, some of us, including Father John Wong headed down for Angela's house warming. Then came the 2nd surprise : It was also Angela's birthday! SO again, i had the honour of cutting the cake again with Angela and her little nephew

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you folks for the wonderful Sunday!

No comments: