7/14/08

Yutiao and Butterfly Cakes

I thought i was serving my in camp. Dont know if its the last few or not. I was walking on this stretch of road leading to the barracks, and remembered seeing young faces doing their morning runs.... I felt awkward because there wasnt any familiar faces i knew.

Somewhat it daunt upon me that i was heading towards Catholic Junior College. I wanted so much to return to my bunk. Odd enough, i found myself standing on the 3rd level of CJC block which overlooked the dull grass quadrangle.

I felt sticky from the long walk. So decided to go for a shower. Again there wasnt anyone familiar when i entered the showers.

Apparently drowsy, i headed to this HDB apartment to sleep. Wasnt sure how long i slept until my bladder woke me up. I recalled drinking lots of bubble tea and pink dolphin on my way back from previous night's skating session. Sugar overdose, i thought... as i unwillingly parted the bed and headed for the loo...

I undid my zippers and lashed out my hose. But there was something wrong... i was pissing orange crush into this top loading washing machine in the apartment! I didnt stop at it surprisingly because the state of my bladder overwhelmed me. Somewhat similiar to a flood hahaa....

"Maybe its alright", i said to myslf... until i realised that the washing machine started to spin....and i thought i saw clothings floating,emerging from the little whirlpool...someone had deposited clothings inside the machine! Alamak...

I left the house feeling lost. This time round i was in Geylang Bahru, trying to search for some food for my hunger. Naturally i headed to the market, where anyone can get almost any kind of local hawkerfare at a price that wont pinch your wallets. I wasnt actually looking for any particular food. But i was stunned when this entire column of stall were selling chinese 'butterfly' cakes and youtiao ( fried fritters ). It was quite a scene because i never recounted so many of these stalls being around.

I subconsciously ended my hunt for the food, puzzled. I saw this huge ferris wheel that many adults were on.... but the funny thing was, they were just suspended by twines( those white strings )and nothing else!

At this moment, i turned around and saw Kelvin Kuah. He appeared disturbed and told whoever within his vocal range to stop riding. I was busy helping some of those who were already trapped on the ferris wheel to tighen their twine seats using all my knowledge on rope work.




I suddenly woke up. The time was 830am on my K770I alarm.

1 comment:

Lokman said...

Its funny how dreams are so peculiar and realize that it all a mish-mash of your past, present and possible future..Seem like we both blogged about our dream, what a coincidence.