5/14/08

"Cycling" my guts out

My OJT( On the Job Training ) so far wasnt really a smooth one. But i felt i got used to the life there. On the whole, the lao jiao ( old bird in hokkien ) controllers are accomdating to me and Mr Chen ( Herman )'s adaptation to live traffic. I wonder hw long their tolerance can last. Hopefully both of us in the same watch can learn the trades of the work systematically and from there pick up speed in our controlling techniques. (We want our license and LUMP SUM payback!!!!!)

Controlling aircrafts to many sound very noble. Actually it really is. But i wont say its very difficult, because like most things i do e.g chapteh, slalom, so long as you start systematically on it, soon you will find it more than just an occupation.

Unlike many of my engineer/auditor counterparts ( i am not including teachers here because they work 24/7 ), i am running on shifts.

Basically, my shift system is such :

Its 2 days of work and 2 days of rest. First day of work starts from 1pm to 8pm; 2nd day of work is queer and weird -> Its called the split shift i.e its made up of an 8am to 1pm shift and then 8pm ( same day ) to 8am the next day( i get to catch about 3 hours average of rest within this grave yard shift timing though )

Subjecting to this sort of timing makes the days and weeks go by REAL fast. Thank goodness i managed to clinch my bridal package and banquet venue by the time i completed my non radar practical course.

So what do i do during my free time now?

1. During my rest time on the split shift day i.e 1pm to 8pm, me and Mr Chen ( Herman )would head down to the SAA gym and chapteh - run- swim - abs work out.

2. Since the beginning of my OJT i havent really have chance to do slalom during my rest days but i hope i can do so ( after finishing this entry )

3. Manage time to meet up with friends, most of whom are much much richer than me.

Photobucket
Monkey Tong ( Left ) who manages his shoe craze often, spending about 450SGD( on average ) on a pair of his limited edition shoes.
Photobucket
9th Comm, NTU ODAC. We had 9 peeps turning up. Not bad already, considering that our full strength in the comm last time was 14.

No comments: