4/29/08

hung the harness

It was almost 1.5 years since my harness was left hanging on my wardrobe. I thought i should shoot myself for neglecting this friend of mine who shared times of sorrows and joy during my varsity years. I remembered myself saying sorry to it as i packed it into my 11year old nike black haversack.

Today ( 29th April 2008 ) was the first time i mounted the wall. The consolation from all my negligence was the very fact that i could still loop a figure of 8 for the climber and do belaying properly for my pal.

Both of us really looked forward to this climb. And i never regretted coming for this climb. It brought me back to those days of b***hing by the wall, gossiping and happilly yekking our woes and stresses from school work. The only difference, is that we now have difficulty clearing rainbow circuits, very unlike those days when rainbow circuits were primarily used for our initial warm ups.

Though it left me typing this entry with soreness on my shoulderblades and lats, i should feel glad that both me and quanwei could still commit to this.

We are climbing this sat morning. Anyone joining us?

No comments: