4/17/08

Flight Level Coordinated was 250 FT at Lusmo

Thank goodness, for those who are reading this,i wanna tell you all that i passed my practical course. It's like half the battle won for my one year training with CAAS

Come to think of it, i wasnt satisfied with my performance.

Right from the start, I found myself slow in reacting to instructors' inject of new and weird scenarios that command split second judgement and decisive actions.

Just 2 weeks before the assessment, i somewhat thought that i had gotten the momentum of things. People in ATC call it SEEING the LIGHT. For that past 2 weeks, my sub conscience had worked out a way in seeing and resolving air traffic. I told myself that i had finally conquered this bad habit of hastiness and had grasped the technique of traffic analysis. I thought i was ready for assessment until i went through a super rough session during my final assessment yesterday.

I came out of the simulation assessment feeling frustrated yet clueless as to why i cant climb aircraft to the fuel efficent level. Fellow colleagues who were the pseudopilots comment about my bad session. As a result i was asked to do another session for RE-evaluation.

Deep down in my heart, my final fears were realised; Maybe my career path could crumple after this 2nd chance....

Today, our instructors gave us the outcome of the final assessment. No one failed the practical course. A cause for joy, many would say. But to me i wasnt the least bit happy, because i thought i could show consistency in my performance to the last stretch of the course.

Its times like this that i feel lousy and little, because i couldnt impress myself after weeks and weeks of self learning and study for my ATC course. There's just so much you can do when it comes to impressing others, and i never bothered about that.

My greatest ultimate enemy is myself, and until the day i defeated him, i wont feel good and in control about my work and life.

Having said that, i told myself never to screw around with air traffic any more and focus fully on the final leg of my ATC journey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother , A quote for you

" It is in your realms of uncertainty that your true passions is found !"

Keep Chasing

Anonymous said...

SP!
chanced upon your blog so thought i'd vandalise your comment column abit.

firstly congratz on your achievements!

from the time i met you, going on odac trip/s, to having the honour of working together with you for COR, you have already become a role model for me, and will always be one whom i look up to.

so ya, believe in yourself and you'll discover your abilities that are beyond the limits you set upon yourself.

surprise yourself every now and then. =P take care!