12/2/07

Of Slippers in KTV, Youtiao in Selegie and Cone tricks in Ecp

I wore my faded OCS polo tee( bad mistake, because the translucence of the tee made my tummy more obvious ) and salomon pants to supper with fakie, the parade commander and fakie's brother on friday night.
Fakie had chicken pox, but i wasnt that disturbed because i was hit by pox 11 years back. Could still remember days of not bathing and the stench... yucks...

I was surprised that fakie looked the same. Her brother, though never hit by pox, was brave enough to hang around with the germ carrier. The 3 of us tucked in first before parade commander came. We shared our fare bit of our good and trying times during the work week. Boredom set in real fast as soon as i munched the last bit of curry mutton, and fakie suddenly insisted that we should try HALO bar for ktv session . Haha..hanging around with fakie sometimes meant that we would all end up doing something on impulse.

Halo bar was located in Ngee Ann poly. Fakie's bro H assumed the vehicle commander, navigating the car from AL AHZAR towards the polytechnic. I felt so down dressed when we reached Halo bar. Apart from the pox germ carrier who wore shirt and jeans, the remaining 3 guys were cladded in slippers and shorts, you know, the typical supper attire. But i supposed no one there care, and we had our fair share of fun singing the irritating 'beautiful', complimented by H's "HELLLLLL-llo HELLLL-llo~!!!!!" gangsterism mic test and yours truly mimicking the vocals of a lady korean singer in the song 'mystical' sang by jackie chan... That was Friday for me.

Saturday began by meeting the great terrors. It was close to 3 weeks since i last tutored them, and was glad to see them again. I taught them as if they were really my children, and that's why i am so committed when it comes to tuition sessions with these 3 boys.

Haiz...speaking like this makes me feel so outdated and old...

I was glad to have Christine for a saturday late night movie mate. She went to cut her hair in the late noon , which implied that i have to go get the tickets first. I was home by 3pm and the movie show time we wanted to catch was 940pm. Played a 1 hr good game of chinese chess with Zhou Gong before i left for Cathay Building to buy the tickets in advance. Boy this Cathay building changed so much... the last time i was there was like close to 11 years ago. Those days there were only KFC and Orange Julius. Its a total contrast man. Like a mini Orchard Rd there.

Christine made me wait for about an hour or so...i found a seat outside the building and sat down alone.. suddenly feeling the lousiness in me. I set my sight beyond the crowd of moving youngsters, staring into the shimmering glittering lightworks that lined up the streets from Orchard Rd all the way down to City hall. The acidic juice in my stomach didnt help either. I thought i was gonna suffocate and die as a 2nd hand smoker. Christine came just in time, which explains why i am still able to type this entry..haha...

Dinner and dessert was good( we had ours in Selegie ), but the show wasnt really fantastic. We watched '30 days of nights' ( how i wished Dearie was around, because she's a sucker for gore and vampires ). To summarize, i thought they should have made '5 days of Nights' instead of 30. There were some scenes that were quite drama, and it left both of us giggling... so off. After the show, both of us headed down for some light indie music in timbre, somewhere near the old national library. We were contended with an Apple Vodka and a mug of beer, and left the place for the night rider bus stop...Its the 1st consecutive saturday night that i took a night rider home...

I woke up by 10am Sunday Morning. Munched the triangular shaped tuna-cheese-peanut butter-ham-luncheon meat sandwich Dad so fondly prepared for me without fail every morning since i started work. I dusted my bed after packing up for my afternoon skating trip and went into a state of slumber before heading out for the ECP Sun. Its so glaring today, as compared to the last 2 noons. Perfect for a mini SCE gang outing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Poor fakie wasnt able to make it. She didnt really feel well.

I'm looking forward for the next saturday night movie session with Christine ( Mad Detective this time )and a good Sunday rest before my in camp which will start on the 10th... BOOOOO~!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: