12/3/07

The F1 race

I decided to send an sms to one of my rather old time varsity mate in NTU to find out how she was. When asked what i had been up to, i happily keyed 'skating' as my reply. To that, she casually commented that i was forever skating....

All of a sudden, those words weigh upon me. Indeed, i really spend quite alot of time on the spot. I wont waste time typing my passion for it.

Have i been neglecting my friends?

I do not have a definite answer, but once in a while when i am on a long journey back from work, i often ponder about my friends' whereabouts, what they were doing, the difficulties they were facing etc etc. After a long day at work, asking friends out really requires alot of effort. There were quite a few times when i casually turn my friends down for meet ups just because i felt i needed rest or some time on my own. Personal breathing space has never been that valuable until i set my foot upon work.

But i supposed everyone will be busy. They have their own 'F1 race' to complete. We might have started out from the same starting line, but in everyone of us, there exist an ending point which differs from the rest... You think you are poor and you want financial freedom, so you work very hard for it and commit your personal time into it. You think you want to learn more about generating residual income, so you concentrate your efforts in reading up and enriching your knowledge towards the ways to do so.... You felt shortchanged previously so you wanted to challenge the convention to stand out from the rest.... There are just so many agendas....

On a happy note, I choose to believe that in this harsh and fast race that every one is so overwhelmed with, there will always exist a pit stop, providing some form of assurance to the F1 racers out there.... True friends are like pit stops that stood by your journey unconditionally, be it rain or shine, ever ready to lend a spanner for that loose nut on your rim.

My dear friends out there, sorry if i were too busy to be there as your pit stop crew. Just call me and i will be there in future =)

No comments: