11/25/07

Personal Hurdle Number 2 ( After Math )

I finally made it back from the competition in one piece.

There was basically 10 competitors in this year's National Freestyle Slalom Competition. The reason why i included the title of the competition is that the results would actually make its way into the international WSSA ranking. Dont get me wrong; i'm not trying to say i did very well this time. In fact I got the 6th Position among 10 competitors.

I'm extremely delighted getting this 6th position because:

1. In a run of 1min and 30 second, i did not manage to showcase all my routines on the cones. I ran out of time and had to go into a forced ending. Ha ha i did not actually include the time factor in my training since i thought i was just going for the experience that's all.

2. In one of my routines, my legs suddenly became jellified and gave way to pressure and heat. I had to exit those cones with basic moves after failed attempts to retain my control over my toe tricks.

3. Out of 10 competitors, 3 of the competitors were from the professional team, leaving the real competing down to 7. Among these 7 we had 3 international skaters from india who barely started out slalom( i wouldn't considered them ready for this competition since there was one of them who just started playing cone tricks like a few months back - nonetheless i respect their courage for taking part );So effectively in my realm the dogfight was down to 4 competitors, of which one of them was a champ in last year's slalom mania competition and the other a hardcore skater who seemingly spends most of his weekends in ECP rink. And so its down to 2...hahaha...I was really surprised i could beat the other fella who represented skatesports, because for that skate sport boy's run he did not lose control and seemingly did well in all his tricks.

( So you see, clinching 6th position was indeed a great boost somewhat )

4. I won myself a pair of inline hockey skates ( correct sizing somemore ) from lucky draw. Ha what luck i got!( i'm thinking of selling it at 300 bucks any takers ??? )

I only have myself to thank because i managed to persuade myself to try it out.

Probably this is one of the few occasions when i actually confronted my fear at the expense of my ego. The competition injected a certain level of humbleness in me, making me want to do more, not just in cone tricks but life in general.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol...told euu u will get alot of thing during the com...lol..haha..btw..i also jellyfied my legs sia..lol