9/8/07

Tan Chee Siang

This boy made a call last night about 1210am. I was about to rest my day of nonsense and heading for the bed....

CS: Hey Hello Siangpingahyououtsideizit?

Goat: Huh? No i'm already back at home. Back from skating. Just showered

CS: Erh...Oh....i see...tot you still outside...

Goat: Uh huh..why lei why lei?

CS: Actually... i wanna ask a BBBBBIIIIIIGGGG favour from you

Goat: Uh huh...what what? Just say.

CS: I'm actually abit stranded here in Woodlands. Just thought if you could drive me back.

Goat: * Drawing in a huge column of air via the mouth* erh.... orh... hmm... but i going to sleep liao lei, very tired. Already clean some more...Erh... you miss 168 to sengkang izit?

CS: Yah dunno y i'm unlucky. Missed it.

At this point i reckon that the boy may not have enuf money. Proved to be the case when he told me he didnt have more than 10 bucks with him.

Goat: Ok, gimme 5min. Call you again.

And so i got my sorry sore body up from warm cosy bed. Grabbed car keys and said my usual promise to dad about driving safely. In 10min i was starting the engine. I did not have intention to pass him money in woodlands and drive back home. Have worked out the mid night charges and decided not to let the cabbies earn the money that way.

Out of pure kindness, i drove the 22 year old back. No grumbles and no complaints in my head.

At the very least, this boy didnt grumble nor complain when i asked for wall crew help desperately one year ago .

Ok CS, you earned this ride back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.