1/3/08

The Idiotic Behaviour ( with a capital I )

Brother Eng and me wanted to redeem our freedom on a thursday evening. With our nimble movements and our rockered wheels, we bade our parents farewell and wheezed through the corridors, heading for the lift.

We both saw 3 chinese nationals ( or so i thought )via the short glass panels of the lift doors by the time the lift came to a halt at the ground level.

Before the lift doors opened, my brains were working out a way to squeeze through these 3 ladies without physical contact( i guessed that's what's on my brother's mind ). But i supposed those 3 ladies out there werent prepared to see people skating out of the lift.

They were happily laughing away in their strong PRC accent as the doors gave way...I comfortably pushed my wheels forward, leaning my weight to the right heel so i could turn right as i advance...All went well for a split second until one of them ( standing nearest to me ) suddenly charge in my direction... Yes.. C.H.A.R.G.E...

Thankfully my turning was faster than her C.H.A.R.G.I.N.G. I couldnt comprehend her reactions and it really doesnt make much sense. At first it seem that she was afraid that i would hug her or something.Maybe at the speed i rush out on my skates she probably think i'm a molester..But it doesnt make sense to dive in the arms of a molester right? I wanted so much to curse at her; My brother did something more high end to evade her I.D.I.O.T.I.C reactions because he was behind me and was almost close to impact.

Thank goodness, my powerhouse skating moves saved me...

A few hours after the Eng Brother skating sessions, brother Eng decided to head down to admiralty to get some drinks. I headed home first of course, and 15min later, brother Eng came back with a story LIKE THIS( not the exact words ):

BROTHER ENG: "Just NOW hoh, i skated home on the pedestrian walk. I saw this couple who's like a good 50metres away from me. The gal noticed me and moved quite slowly EVEN though i was already closing up to their walking pace. The guy was probably puzzled upon seeing his gf's reaction. Then he started cautioning her as I inched forward and forward ( i was trying to give time for the lady to move to one side ). You know what happen next? This guy kept saying "watch out....watch out... WATCH OUT..." and when i was like less than 1 metre away, this guy literally shouted 'W.A.T.C.H O.U.T!!!'. "

I shook my head as i registered the ill fated scenario of brother Eng ( the slalom pro ).Probably if i were there,i will really want to trip the couple over and fart off as i speed away from their line of sight.Maybe i'll compliment it with a spit of saliva on that guy.

I think the general public need to stop stereotype skating as a reckless sport( people only fall and crash in ECP) and get acquainted to it like cycling or jogging..

Skating can only be deemed reckless to people who are not educated about the sport.

No comments: