10/8/07

Nostalgic weakling

I didn't know why i just cant contain my feelings well.

I recalled giving Weiling her first tuition when she was Pr4, back in june 2005. Just a few weeks after that, my aunt attached another tuition 'lobang', Junjie in my care. Together, we trudged our way through endless brain tormenting sessions( yes, me inclusive, because the primary school syllabus is horrendous now ), sharing our fair bit of lame and silly jokes over cups of bubble tea. Once in awhile i would organise some free movie screening on my laptop for my aces, complimented with pizza ( yeah its on the house, from my own pocket )and tons of laughter. To top it up, i even brought them on an outing to vivocity ( and watched Ben Stiller's NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM )when the complex had barely started operating its business in late july last year.

It hadnt been easy for me for the past 2 years. Many a times i rushed down from NTU so that i can make it on the eves of their papers, just to make sure they were equipped with what they had to know. I must say that there were moments when i asked myself why i had taken up tuition and make myself suffer.

Tagged along with these gruelling tuition moments were pain-staking memories of varsity life. Sometimes, the tuition allowance and time sacrificing equation doesnt balance.Lethargy became 2nd nature; i kicked into a state of "semi-consciousness" easily during lessons and lectures, and often had to make alot of arrangements to prioritize tuition sessions over ODAC and my time with my loved ones. Simply put, tuition intruded deep into my privacy and personal life. It was always part of my consideration when deciding to go for a date or for a meet up with friends. Sometimes i would ponder hard about my life as i sank into the synthetic leather seats of bus 179 after a tiring 630pm lesson, rushing to meet my aces for another tuition session. There were days when i had lessons on friday evenings up to 930pm and i had to rush for tuition the next morning from my hall to Lavender. Just the travelling alone to-and-fro during weekdays could kill, especially when you are talking about a 9am tuition session and you knew you had to be back in school for lecture at 230pm the same day. I remembered having to excuse myself from FOOT 05 and 06 so as to clock my weekly time with the children.

Thank goodness, i pulled through everything. I smiled good bye to my aces after a simple lunch on a sunday one day ago. I couldn't say if i was actually relieved from all the obligations or was i feeling this sense of detachment from something i had struggled very hard to cling onto for the past 3 years.

Somewhere around the corner of my eye was this tinge of sourness and moist.

No comments: