4/23/10

I will watch your back.

Yes, you will need people to watch your back, especially in the work that i do.

I often face quite alot of challenges describing to people what i actually do at work ( NOPE i do not hold ping pong bats at the airfield - those chaps are marshallers on ground ). I guess i have already given up trying in reality, so i shall be consistent on my own blog as well.

If i was ever asked what it takes to do my job well, i would say humility. Its real lives that my colleagues and i deal with day in day out. Pride and emotions will have to be the last thing on your mind when handling those jets which keep increasing in numbers day by day. The working environment can sometimes be quite unforgiving ; It can only be worse if you have emo colleagues who take it out on you for no rhyme or reason. Nonetheless, green horns like me have to bite the bullet and continue relentlessly to explore the vast and everchanging environment in my job.

Which is why it is very important to bear in mind the screw ups you ever made and keep reminding yourself not to repeat those errors when something similiar happens. Ever since i started working solo, there had been some cases when my own vigilance fail me. Thanks to most of my colleagues who always had this I-WILL-WATCH-YOUR-BACK spirit,providing navigation services to aircrafts has never been this pleasant.


To those who have been patient and tolerant to junior controllers like me, i would like to say a great thank you. Its the professionalism displayed at work that keeps us all looking forward to do our best to make the workplace a better one to live in.

Yes, i will definitely watch over you folks. My pleasure. Cheers.

No comments: